Events & Activities
Major Events of the 2017 school year: Be Aware that events or dates may change.
Meetings are the first Wednesday of every month!
First Meeting – September 20th 2017
- During our first meeting we will be signing up and looking for volunteers for our think pink t-shirts sale at all three lunches on Monday, September 25th to Wednesday, September 27th.
Wear Pink Day – October 4th, 2017
- A day where De Pere students and staff wear pink to show support for those with breast cancer. Corresponds to the pink out football game, @BayPort.
Tie blankets – November 2017
- We will tie blankets for cancer patients.
Christmas Project/Adapt a Family – December 2017
- Our Sting Cancer group talks to hospitals in the community and we get families to sponsor. We then buy, wrap, and deliver Christmas presents to our sponsored families in the hospital during the holidays.
Making Cards – January 2018
- Making get well cards for cancer patients.
Valentine’s Day Project – February 2018
- Sting Cancer joins up with Key Club to make Valentine’s for people in the hospital
- Miracle Minute: Volunteers will run around the stands to collect money in one minutes time.
Chemo “goody bags”- March 2018
- Bags filled with items like hand santizer, crossword puzzles, cards and more are filled by our STINGCANCER team and then donated to local hospitals for patients receiving chemo.
Toy Drive – April 2018
- Sting Cancer would like to do a toy drive for kids in the hospital which includes crafts for the Child Life program which gives kids games and crafts to do while in the hospital
Wear Yellow Day – May 4th, 2018
- A nation wide day where everyone wears yellow to show their support for those who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Officer Elections – June 2018
- Officers will be elected for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Positions can change but the main four are President, Vice President, Secretary, and Social Media Chair.
Dude Looks Like a Lady 2016